If you are seeking a career as a doula, you’ve come to the right place. Being a doula is a time-honored profession that is now gaining popularity among main-stream parents who need help navigating their pregnancy and births in every setting. Parents look to doulas to help answer questions, and help them get through their labor with less fear and more empowerment.
Here at DoulaVersity, we strongly believe that our doulas can make a difference. Our hope is that doulas can not only help parents have a more satisfying birth experience, but also lower the cesarean rate in the process. In the United States the cesarean rate is approximately 32%, and with that comes a higher maternal and infant morality rate. Studies show that doulas can decrease the risk for cesarean by up to 39%.
Many doulas leave other training's feeling a little lost and unprepared when they first become certified, and we wanted to make sure our doulas feel like they were ready to take on the ‘DoulaVerse’. You will be nothing short of confident and amazing! Students are never alone, and will walk beside you through your doula journey. Students will have access to a Facebook support group, where other students and your trainers are there to help you along the way.
At DoulaVersity we know that you have many options when it comes to pursuing your doula certification program.
Here are some reasons why you should consider us for your training:
- We have options! Options on how you take your doula training, as well as the cost of your doula training.
- Certification is for life! However, we also know that some people need accountability or an organization that re-certifies. Students have the option of re-certifying at any time for $75. You can read more about that here.
- We went above and beyond for our training content. As a doula you will always be learning, but we wanted to make it easier for you to navigate your role as a doula from the very start.
- Many doulas feel unprepared when they first become certified, and we wanted to make sure our doulas felt like they were ready to take on the ‘doulaverse’.
- We have eye-catching photos and graphics, videos and comprehensive content to keep our students engaged.
- We provide "mock" emails and scenarios throughout your training so you can fine tune your doula skills. You'll be ready to take on the "DoulaVerse" when it's time to certify!
- We love Spinning Babies, and we want our doulas to have some of that knowledge at the very beginning of their doula career. So we have included a code that allows you to download the Spinning Babies Parent Class - for free. (It's required learning for our doulas, because we know how much it can help you)!
Ready to get started? You can begin learning within minutes! Payment plans are easy and affordable, and you can start learning for just $200 down. It's that easy!
Doula Requirements for Online Certification
Besides being at least 16 years of age, and having a
computer with Internet access (and occasional access to a printer),
there are no prerequisites to becoming a doula!
Check out our full checklist of requirements by clicking the button below!
Doula Training Curriculum
Our comprehensive, self-paced online training will guide you through it all! We went above and beyond for our training content. We have eye-catching photos and graphics, videos and comprehensive content to keep our students engaged.
Click the button below to check out some of the topics covered in our online doula training course. We also have a FREE course if you want to learn more about the role of a doula, and get a feel for our training platform.
Cross Certification or Dual-Certification Options
Already trained or certified as a doula with another organization? That's okay!
Whether you feel you need more support, want to strengthen your skills, or just want to certify with someone else. Our cross-certification program will not disappoint you!