- What is TENS?
- History of TENS
- How does a TENS unit decrease pain?
- Understanding the Gate Control Theory
- Why a Labor TENS? The Difference in TENS machines
- Understanding the evidence of TENS in labor
- Safety and precautions
- Cleaning your TENS
- Purchasing TENS and replacing accessories
- Implementing TENS in your doula practice
After Completion of the TENS in Labor Workshop participants will be able to:
- Describe a TENS devise
- Understand and communicate the two basic ways a TENS helps with pain in labor
- Understand the research findings on the use of TENS in labor for pain, safety, and patient satisfaction
- Explain the benefits of TENS in Labor
- Explain the contradictions to TENS in labor
- Demonstrate how to use TENS unit, and properly apply stimulation pads
- Explain the differences between a TENS, EMS, and Labor TENS
- Trouble shoot a non-working device
- Demonstrate to parents how to use the TENS for their labor
- Learn how to implement TENS in your birth practice
Bring a TENS in Labor Workshop to your doula community!
Price outside of Dallas/Fort Worth: $90-100 (depending on location)
Host/coordinator price for out-of-town workshops: FREE
If you are interested in hosing and coordinating the "TENS in Labor Workshop", please contact me to discuss the details. A minimum of 10 participants need to be secured in order to travel to most places.
The cost of the workshop includes handouts, and your own set of electrode pads.
A certificate of your TENS training will be provided after the completion of the workshop